Gude Alpha Olive Bread Knife With Olivewood Handle, 8-in
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
The production of the finest possible handcrafted, forged cutlery is and always has been the driving philosophy of our company. For four generations the Güde family has neither compromised on nor wavered from this credo. Today Güde is proud to continue the centuries old tradition of quality knifemaking for which the town of Solingen is justly world famous.
With the Alpha Olive bread knife and its 8 inch long blade, you can cut any bread, hard or soft crusted, into even slices. The one-sided hand-ground blade with the famous Gude serrated edge made of chrome-vanadium-molybdenum knife steel makes bread slicers superfluous.
Gude knives are hand-forged in Solingen, Germany from one piece of chrome-vanadium-molybdenum steel, from the blade tip to the double crop. The double crop, a special feature of Gude knives, is a counterweight to the blade. The knife is perfectly balanced. The special mixture of steel and the elaborate manufacturing process with more than 30 manual steps give the stainless steel blades with a hardness of approx. 57 HRC a special robustness and longevity.
The handles of the Gude Alpha Olive knife series are made of selected olive wood. It comes from Andalusia in Spain and can be up to 500 years old. This type of wood is generally very hard and extremely weatherproof. The structure is strongly grained and therefore looks particularly noble and elegant. The knives of the Alpha Olive series are not dishwasher safe due to its natural material.
- Handcrafted in Solingen, Germany
- Blade length: 8 inch
- Blade with the legendary Gude serrated edge
- Made of one piece of stainless chrome-vanadium-molybdenum knife steel
- Hand-forged, ice-hardened & sharpened by hand
- Perfectly balanced by the double crop (counterweight to the blade)
- Blade hardness: 57 HRC
- Riveted & framed handle shells made of natural olive wood from Andalusia, Spain
- Not suitable for the dishwasher