Weight-based grinding for extreme accuracy makes it easier to make that perfect cup of coffee. Baratza’s groundbreaking Vario-W is a fully integrated real-time weight-based grinder. It has all the features of the Vario including small footprint, macro/micro adjustment, ceramic burrs, and a broad range of grind, but uses a weight-based dosing approach rather than a time-based approach.
The Vario-W’s intuitive macro/micro adjustments offer 230 distinct and repeatable settings for any style of coffee. The Vario-W’s unique 54mm ceramic flat burrs provide accurate, fast-grinding (averaging 2 g/sec) performance and remain sharp twice as long as the best steel burrs. The high-torque DC motor and belt drive transmission mean your beans are in for a smooth, cool ride.
- Burrs: The Vario-Series 54mm professional ceramic flat burrs produce accurate grinding, high throughput and remain sharp twice as long as the highest quality steel burrs. The Vario Series grinds 1.6 grams/second for espresso and 2.2 grams/second for Press. The broad range of grind (230 microns to 1150 microns) and the bi-modal particle distribution (presence of calculated fines) are the hallmarks of the superiority of the Series burrs.
- Digital Control Panel: The front-mounted control panel with LED display is easy and intuitive. Three programmable buttons allow the user to program in the desired weight (+/- 0.1). Simply press the START button and the Vario-W automatically delivers precise dosing.
- Grind Adjustment: The Vario-W offers macro and micro adjust for fine tuning with ease. The macro adjust moves from fine to coarse grinding in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro adjust arm further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 20 distinct settings. These steps enable you to dial in the exact grind for the perfect shot.
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- Burrs: 54mm ceramic burrs
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8oz (230g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6.3oz (180g)
- Dimensions: 5.11" x 14.17" x 7.08"
- No Load Burr Speed: 1350 RPM
- Weight: 9lbs (4.1kg)
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 180 Watts