Baratza Virtuoso + Conical Burr Coffee Grinder
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
Introducing the Virtuoso+, an upgrade and replacement of the current Virtuoso. In response to customer requests, we have updated the timer switch for a digital display and kept all the other trusty parts the same. The 40 second digital timer allows you to easily set a repeatable dose. And with intuitive adjustments to the tenth of a second, the everyday grind just got even better. This multi-purpose grinder is the step-up for the advanced coffee lover.
The high-performance burr set reduces the fines in all levels of grind which gives a clean (café quality) taste in the cup, while the digital interface allows for easy, time-based dosing. With an elegant and attractive metal casing to accentuate your coffee corner, this is a brewing tool that will fast forward your coffee journey with consistency and reliability.
- Burrs: Manufactured in Europe, the Virtuoso+’s 40 mm conical burrs grind coffee at 1.5 to 2.4g/sec. depending on the setting. But what really sets the Virtuoso+ burrs apart is that these burrs can do a very uniform grind, with a distinct lack of fines across its grinding range. So the Virtuoso+ burrs are exceptional for espresso, drip, manual brewing methods, and French press. These conical burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years. The burrs have a precision mounting system to ensure a stable platform for accurate grinding.
- Gearbox: The Virtuoso+ utilizes a simple and efficient direct drive gear reduction transmission to move power from the DC motor to the rotating cone burr. A thermal overload cutout protects the motor from overheating due to excessive use - remember, these grinders are designed to grind a dose at a time for home use!
- Grind Adjustment: Turn the hopper and with 40 settings you can quickly adjust from fine for espresso to coarse for French press. The grind range is from 200 to 1200 microns.
- Grind Retention: To maximize freshness, the Virtuoso+ minimizes the ground coffee left in the grinder.
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting thermal cutoff switch.
- Digital Timer: The motor is controlled by a 40 second digital timer adjustable to the tenth of a second, that allows repeatable dosing.
- Calibration: An innovative burr calibration system ensures that each grinder has the full range of grind. If necessary, the grinders can be user calibrated.
- Speed Control: With unique speed control, the Virtuoso+ uses a combination of gear and electronic speed reduction to control the rotation of the burr to 500 RPM. This slow speed reduces heat, noise, and static generation in the grinder. It also ensures that the beans feed smoothly into the burrs.
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8oz (230g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5oz (142g)
- Dimensions: 6.93" x 13.78" x 6.29"