This is the grinder your barista uses to make those pour-overs you enjoy at the café. Designed as a commercial solution to multi-offering pour-over bars, the Forte BG is a feature-forward, high-capacity, near-bulletproof grinder. If you have dreams of opening a coffee shop, the Forte BG can help make those dreams come true.
Its small footprint, multifunction touchscreen, sturdy grind size adjustments, high daily capacity (5lbs per day) and grind-by-weight functionality make the Forte BG the premier choice for a brew bar. The 54mm flat steel burrs are engineered to produce an accurate and precise grind, deliver exceptional cup quality for all brew methods from espresso to French Press.
- Intuitive Interface: The Forté-BG allows you to dose by weight or time. Our signature dose-by-weight is accurate to plus or minus .2 gram. The touch activation awakens your screen with LED backlit technology. The touch screen controls all operations with three programmable dose presets; Up or Down arrows to increase or decrease dose values; and TARE, MANUAL, START or STOP.
- Burrs: The Forté-BG grinder comes with 54 mm steel burrs that produce an accurate and consistent grind for a variety of manual and small batch brews. Our steel burrs were specifically designed to reduce the fines, enhancing flavor in the cup. The broad range of grind (230 microns to 1150 microns) and the narrow particle distribution (lack of fines) are the hallmarks of the superiority of the Forté-BG burrs.
- Adjustment / Grind Range: An all-metal macro and micro adjustment system produces a positive feel and secure grind setting. The macro-adjust moves from fine to coarse grinding in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro-adjust further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 26 distinct settings. These steps enable fine-tuning with ease, dialing in the exact grind for the preferred brew method being used.
- Hopper: The hopper holds approximately 300g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans. Bean “waste” (below the stopper) averages a surprisingly low 10g, once the hopper has been shut off.
- Burrs: 54mm steel burrs by Ditting
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 10oz (300-400g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6oz (180g)
- Dimensions: 5.11" x 14.17" x 7.08"
- No Load Burr Speed: 1950 RPM
- Weight: 9lbs (4.1kg)
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 240 Watts