The revival of local manufacturing while remaining faithful to its traditional practices was the common thread that led the company to create a forge and its workshops in the historic area of Laguiole. By combining know-how and creativity, Laguiole en Aubrac has become a brand that holds high the colors of French cutlery internationally.
Champagne Saber entirely handmade in the town of Laguiole. The Sabrage is a special technique to open champagne bottles with a saber (sabre in French), usually used as ceremonial. This saber is the work of a single master cutler whose craft begins with shaping the horn and concludes with fitting the blade. The saber is slid along the bottle body towards the neck with a dry shot. The force of the blade that strikes the lip of the neck is sufficient to break the glass and separate the neck neck from the bottle collar which, together with the cap, is fired away by the force of the gas contained in the wine. If applied correctly, the technique is effective with any sparkling wine.
- Blade: 12C27 stainless steel mirrored mirror - not sharpened.
- Handle: White Resin
- Length: 10.6-in (265mm)
- Total length: 16.2-inches (405 mm) Weight: 10.5 ounces, 298 grams
- Packaged in a handsome French wooden gift box.
- Includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Lifetime warranty covers any manufacturing defects.