Peugeot Paris Bistro Chef Stainless Steel Pepper & Salt Mill Set, 4-in
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
Peugeot Bistro Chef mill is a reproduction of model Z created in 1874. It is made of brushed stainless steel (stainless steel 304L high-resistance and durability). Its functional design offers high performance in the most extreme of conditions. This salt mill is resistant to cold, heat and impacts.
- Peugeot’s pepper mechanism is a combination of specially angled channeling grooves and teeth that creates a superior grind. Two-stage pepper mechanism - first cracks then grinds peppercorns - ensures the most flavor and aroma is released from the pepper.
- Mechanism constructed of case-hardened steel - virtually indestructible. Peugeot's Salt Crushing Mechanism features two ribbed plates which work to fracture and crush coarse, dry sea salt to a consistent size. The salt grinding mechanism is made of corrosion resistant Stainless Steel.
- The knob is used to adjust the size of grind of the salt: the tighter the knob, the finer the salt.
- Each mill is presented in a gift box.
- Dimension: 4-in (10 cm) tall
- Limited lifetime warranty in the mechanism. Body’s mill carries a 5-year warranty from the date of purchase
- Made in France
A note on Peugeot pepper and salt mills:
What kind of pepper should I use in my pepper grinder?
- Use only dry, hard, whole peppercorns that are 5 mm (0.2”) or less in diameter.
- Use peppercorns from the piper nigrum family such as white, black (Lampong, Tellicherry, Malabar) or green
- Do not use pepper mill to grind salt, herbs, seeds, pre-ground pepper or any other spice
- Pink peppercorns may only be used as part of a peppercorn blend to a maximum of 15% pink
- Do not use peppers as they are too long, dense and thick to be ground
- Do not use pickled or brined peppercorns as they will clog the mechanism in the mill.
What kind of salt should I use in my salt grinder?
- Only use dry, coarse salts that are 4 mm (0,16 in.) or smaller. It can be used to grind a variety of salts including: Himalayan pink salt, Persian Blue salt, refined rock salt, sea salt that is not refined and Bengal salt. Use a PEUGEOT Wet Salt Mill to grind wet salt.