With its iconic shape and unsurpassed functionality, the Paris Mill from Peugeot is easily recognizable as a symbol of fine dining, whether gracing a table or performing flawlessly in the kitchen. The Paris Mill is often copied, but never equaled – and still made in France.
Its appealing rounded shape makes for a great grasp and for easy rotation of the head to unleash the fresh flavor of salt or peppercorns. From a visual standpoint, this mill reinforces the upscale, welcoming ambiance of the best kitchens and dining rooms.
Peugeot’s pepper mechanism is a combination of specially angled channeling grooves and teeth that creates a superior grind. Two-stage pepper mechanism - first cracks then grinds peppercorns - ensures the most flavor and aroma is released from the pepper.
Mechanism constructed of case-hardened steel - virtually indestructible. Peugeot’s Salt Crushing Mechanism features two ribbed plates which work to fracture and crush coarse, dry sea salt to a consistent size. The salt grinding mechanism is made of corrosion resistant Stainless Steel
Exclusive u’Select Ring on the bottom. The patented system enables precise grind adjustment settings ranging from very coarse to powdery. All Peugeot mills come partially filled with pepper and salt respectively. Limited lifetime warranty in the mechanism. Body’s mill carries a 5-year warranty from the date of purchase
Made in France
A note on Peugeot pepper and salt mills:
What kind of pepper should I use in my pepper grinder?
- Use only dry, hard, whole peppercorns that are 5 mm (0.2”) or less in diameter.
- Use peppercorns from the piper nigrum family such as white, black (Lampong, Tellicherry, Malabar) or green
- Do not use pepper mill to grind salt, herbs, seeds, pre-ground pepper or any other spice
- Pink peppercorns may only be used as part of a peppercorn blend to a maximum of 15% pink
- Do not use peppers as they are too long, dense and thick to be ground
- Do not use pickled or brined peppercorns as they will clog the mechanism in the mill.