The Sette 270 Wi introduces two revolutionary design innovations to espresso grinders and enables incredible functionality for home users. This machine is the first – and currently the only – espresso grinder offering grind-by-weight functionality directly into a portafilter. Precise, accurate dosing to within a few grams (2- 3 beans!) directly into your portafilter makes quality, consistent espresso a breeze.
The Sette excels at fine grinding up to and including small, single-cup pour-overs. The Sette features our radically redesigned gearbox and burr set in which the outer ring burr rotates around a stationary cone burr. This design allows for high-speed grinding – up to 5g per second – as well as minimal retention of coffee in the system.
- The "i" in 270Wi stands for intelligence - the grinder now quickly calculates and predicts the stop point when you change your grind setting, beans, or dose weight. This eliminates the need to adjust the offset.
- Device Holder & Grounds Bin: A built-in convertible holder, unique to the Sette Series, allows you to grind directly into your portafilter, the supplied grounds bin, or most of the popular brewing devices (V60, Clever, Kalita, etc.). The rubber sleeves on the arms are fully rotational allowing you the option to position them in a way that best suits the tool/brew-method you are using. The arms can accommodate portafilters from sizes 49mm to 58mm and the holder includes an integrated hook for stability.
- Burs: Manufactured by Etzinger in Liechtenstein, the Sette 270Wi is built with 40mm conical AP (all-purpose) burrs, which produce weight-based espresso grind, as well as grinding for manual brewing requiring a finer grind range (e.g.weight-based Aeropress and Hario V60). They grind coffee at 3.5g to 5.5 g/sec. depending on the roast and the setting. The burrs are durable and will remain sharp for many years.
- Weight-Based Dosis: This grinder was designed with a built-in scale using the weighing technology of Acaia, giving precise and accurate weight-based dosing, and a 10th of a gram sensitivity. The 270Wi has the revolutionary ability to grind by weight directly into a portafilter - a breakthrough in grinding technology! This unique grinder design responds to the Specialty Coffee user trend of using specific weight based recipes for coffee preparation.
- Digital Control Panel: A user-friendly front-mounted control panel has an easy to read backlit LED display. Three programmable buttons allow for grind weight setting within 0.1 gram. Simply press the start button and the Sette automatically delivers precise dosing
- Grind Adjustment: The Sette has a macro adjust of 30 steps, grinding from espresso to manual brew. A step-less micro adjusts with 9 indicators, allows the user to easily dial in a perfect espresso. The macro/micro mechanism is directly connected to the cone burr resulting in immediate and true grind adjustment.
- Dimensions: The Sette Series is designed with a small footprint (like our other models) ideal for home kitchens, offices, brew bars and catering.
- Cleaning: The cone burr is easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor drives the Sette. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- Burrs: 40 mm Steel by Etzinger
- Bean Hopper Capacity:10 oz (300-400 g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5.5 oz (160g)
- Dimensions: 5.11" x 15.74" x 9.44"
- Weight: 7lbs (3.2 kg)
- Power: 220-240VAC 50/60 Hz, 240W 1.6A, class I
100-120VAC 50/60 Hz, 200W 2.6