The Infuser delivers optimal espresso flavor in every cup. It pre-infuses ground coffee with low, steady water pressure before extraction, gently expanding the grinds before stepping up to high pressure. The result is a more even extraction, which produces balanced coffee flavor. Achieve precise water temperature and maintain thermal stability with electronic PID temperature control. Experience the power of 1600W thermocoil with integrated stainless steel water coil which accurately controls water temperature. Customize every espresso with presets for 1 & 2 cup shot volumes, manual over-ride or re-programmable volumes. Make the espresso experience complete with included accessories, such as a Razor dose trimming tool, coffee scoop and milk jug.
For espresso with a well-balanced flavor, flavor needs to be drawn evenly from all the coffee grinds. What is the best way to prepare the grinds for an even extraction?
Rather than starting with bursts of high pressure, the Breville Infuser Espresso Machine starts with steady, low pressure to gently expand the grinds. This helps fills in any cracks, gaps, or irregularities in the coffee puck before full pressure is applied, so even pressure is applied to all parts of the coffee puck and optimal flavor is extracted.
The BES840XL has both automatic features, like temperature settings, and programmable features like volumetric control. The key features that set it apart from other espresso machines in its price range are the pre-infusion technology, the thermocoil heating system, and PID temperature control technology. See chart below for details.
Other helpful features include a cup warmer on the top of the machine and a feature that removes excess water from the filter basket after coffee extraction, so the used grounds form a dry puck for quicker cleanup. The machine goes into 'Sleep Mode' after 1 hour and automatically shuts off after 3 hours. There is extra-tall cup clearance for brewing directly into travel mugs.
Other touches include an ‘Empty Me!’ indicator that lets you know when the removable drip tray is full and a ‘Clean Me’ cleaning alert. The storage tray houses the included accessories. Lastly, all parts that come in contact with water and coffee are BPA free.ay.
- Heating System: 1650W Thermocoil - Integrated stainless steel water path accurately controls water temperature.
- Pre Infusion Function: Gradually increases water pressure to gently expand grinds for an even extraction.
- Manual Micro Foam Milk Texturing
- 15 Bar Italian Pump
- Purge Functions: Automatically adjusts water temperatures after steam for optimal espresso temperature
- Settings: Single or Double Shot Volumetric Control & Manual Over-ride
- Included Accessories:
- Razor dose trimming tool
- 1cup & 2cup Single & Dual wall filter baskets (4)
- Coffee scoop
- Stainless steel milk jug
- Cleaning disc and tablets
- Cleaning brush, tool and Allen Key
- Water filter holder and water filter
- Voltage: 110 - 120 Volts
- Power: 1650 Watts
- Dimensions: 12.5" x 12.5" x 13"
- Weight: 25.8 pounds
- Warranty: 1 Year Limited Product Warranty
- Construction Materials: Brushed Stainless Steel