Global Chef's Utility Knife, 5-in
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
Global knives are manufactured by Yoshikin in Niigata, Japan. Designed in 1985 by Komin Yamada. Global knives singular edge and balance makes them unique and ones of the best in the world.
- Global knives are manufactured by Yoshikin in Niigata, Japan. They were designed in 1985 by Komin Yamada.
- The two most innovative features of Global knives are their edge and the way they are balanced. The most important feature of any knife is its edge, and the Global edge is truly its signature. The majority of the Global knives are sharpened or ground on both sides of the blade like western style knives. However, their edges are ground straight to a point rather than beveled resulting in a dramatically sharper knife which stays sharper longer. The edge is so large and prominent that it is easily seen with the naked eye and extends a quarter inch or more up from the tip of the knife.
- To balance their knives, Global uses a hollow handle which is then filled with just the right amount of sand to create the correct balance. Global uses this method rather than using a full tang and a bolster to balance their knives for two reasons. First, it is a far more precise than using a tang and a bolster. Second, Asian knives typically do not have bolsters, since they only serve as a hindrance to cutting and sharpening.
- Utility knife with 5.25-in blade
- Made from the finest high carbon stainless steel available. The blades utilize Cromova 18 stainless steel, ice tempered and hardened to Rockwell C56°-58° which holds a razor sharp edge longer than any steel and resists rust, stains and corrosion
- Large edge ground straight to a point assuring a dramatically sharp knife
- Hollow handles provides a ultra-precise balanced knife
- Smooth contours and seamless construction eliminate food and dirt traps, offering the ultimate in safety and hygiene
- Made in Japan