Kotai Stainless Steel Bunka Santoku Knife with Ebony Wood Handle, 6.7-Inches
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
KOTAI was born as a bridge between Western & Asian Cutlery. Light, precise, and ultra-sharp like a Japanese knife yet stainless, sturdy and very durable like a German knife.
KOTAI knives are all handmade with high-end Japanese steel from Aichi. Some of their models are finished directly in Seki, Japan, the world-famous knife capital. Others are assembled by their expert knifemakers in YangJiang, China’s knife-making capital for over 1500 years.
KOTAI knives are made combining traditional knifemaking methods with advanced technological processes such as vacuum heat treatment and cryogenic cooling, to optimize the mechanical properties of the steel.
- The Bunka Santoku is the more traditional equivalent of the Santoku: a versatile knife ideal for chopping vegetables and fruits, slicing through meats, and preparing fish (everything except bones and frozen foods).
- Made from razor-sharp 440C high-carbon Japanese stainless steel, it stays sharp much longer than other knives.
- Perfectly balanced for comfort
- It has a "Tsuchime" pattern that creates small pockets of air between the blade and the food being cut to reduce resistance and prevent food from sticking to the blade.
- You can perform multiple functions and is the favorite of many chefs, it is known as a shorter version of the Kiritsuke.
- Has Japanese precision, Western ruggedness, the best of both worlds in a single knife, for superior durability and balance.
- Rust resistant
- Ultra durable, lifetime warranty