Make the perfect batch of rice every time with the Le Creuset Cast Iron Rice Pot. Curved sides and a precision lid promote convection and moisture circulation for evenly cooked grains, and the stoneware inner lid is formulated with steam vents to prevent boil over, creating the perfect vessel for rice and grains.
Holds four cups cooked rice.
- Tall sides and cast iron construction deliver unmatched heat retention for precise temperature control
- Long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking
- Stainless steel knob is safe at any oven temperature
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel that resists chipping and cracking
- Dimensions: 7-in diameter
- Capacity 2.25 qt
- Heat Source: Ceramic, Electric, Gas, Halogen, Induction, Outdoor Grill, Oven
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
Almond Dark Chocolate Souffle
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Peel a few different kinds of apples, enjoying the way they shrug reluctantly out of their skins. Core, slice and layer the apples into a buttered pie plate or baking dish and toss them with the juice of the lemon.
Mix the flour with the brown sugar, and add a dash of salt and a grating of fresh cinnamon. Using two knives - or just your fingers - cut in the butter, then pat the mixture over the top of the fruit. The cooking time is forgiving; you can put your crisp into a 375-degree oven and pretty much forget about it for 45 minutes to an hour. The juices should be bubbling a bit at the edges; the top should be crisp, golden and fragrant. Served warm, with a pitcher of cream, it makes you grateful for fall.
Recipe from My Kitchen Year: 136 Recipes that Saved My Life, by Ruth Reichl.