Le Creuset Enameled Cast Iron Shallow Round Dutch Oven, 2.75-Quart, Caribbean
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
Designed for generations of durability, Le Creuset’s Shallow Round Oven is an essential cooking pot for home cooks and professional chefs alike. A versatile shape that is perfectly sized for casseroles, side dishes, reheating leftovers and more. The wider base is ideal for searing and browning without crowding, and the shallow depth makes it effortless to stir sauces and serve steaming stews and bubbling casseroles directly from the pot from stove to oven to table.
- Enameled cast iron delivers superior heat distribution and retention
- Ready to use, requires no seasoning
- Easy-to-clean and durable enamel resists dulling, staining, chipping and cracking
- Light colored smooth interior enamel allows easy monitoring of cooking progress
- Tight-fitting lids are specially designed to circulate steam and return moisture back to the food
- Ergonomic stainless steel knob and loop handles are designed for easy lifting
- Lightest weight cast iron by quart on the market
- Compatible with all cooktops and oven-safe up to 500°F
- Safe for dishwasher
- Dimensions: 11" wide with handles, 5" tall with lid, 9" diameter
- Capacity: 2 3/4 qt
- Compatible with Ceramic, Electric, Gas, Halogen, Induction
- Made in France
Preheat oven to 300 F.
Cut the preserved lemons into quarters. Remove the peels, then cut each quarter in half. Set aside.
Heat the Dutch oven on the stovetop. Add olive oil and brown the meat on all sides. After the meat is a deep brown, season generously with salt and pepper. Add garlic, thyme, spices, onions, carrots and lemons. Cover with lid and bake 2 1/2 hours, basting the meat regularly.
Return the Dutch oven to the stovetop. Remove the lamb, garlic and thyme from the pot and set aside; if necessary, remove some of the grease. Deglaze the pan with a glass of water. Bring liquid to a simmer and reduce by half. Add zucchini and return meat to the pot. Finish baking in the oven for 1 hour.
After the zucchini and lamb are done, slice the lamb and serve over the zucchini and carrots, topping with gravy from the pot.