Forged and crafted by hand since 1925, Le Creuset enameled cast iron cookware has proved to be their masterpiece. Each piece is formed in its own sand mold and skillfully hand finished by more than 30 craftmen.
Le Creuset combines the performance and practicality of cast iron with the beauty of glossy porcelain enamel. Cast iron heats quickly and evenly, and retains heat exceptionally well for efficient cooking even over low heat.
Le Creuset cast iron is an highly efficient material in absorbing and distributing heat, therefore, there is no need to use high heat. Best cooking results are obtained on low to medium settings. Is important to notice that Le Creuset on high settings may result in the enamel chipping.
- Originally designed for making "Terrines", this enameled cast iron pan is much more than a "terrine mold". The ultimate bakeware piece as well as stylish serving pan for meatloaf, fresh bread, pound cake or homemade custard — and its temperature retention properties allow the dish to remain hot or cold at the table until food is ready to serve.
- The right pan for meat loaf and terrines. As the meat cools, the fat within it begins to set, helping the terrine or meat loaf to hold its form
- Even heat throughout the entire pan As the meat cools, the fat within it begins to set, helping the terrine hold its form
- A tight-fitting lid traps both heat and cold until contents are served
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking
- Interior enamel is engineered to resist staining and dulling
- Durable nonreactive sand-colored interior enamel makes it easy to monitor food as it cooks, preventing burning and sticking
- Dimensions: 5.8 in x 1.2 in
- Capacity: 4 qt
- Compatible with Gas, Electric, Ceramic, Halogen, Induction, Oven & Outdoor Grill
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in France