Le Creuset cast iron casseroles offer superior, highly functional performance both in the oven and at the table. These durable dishes include tight-fitting lids and easy-to-grip side handles, and are designed for a multitude of kitchen tasks, whether baking desserts, oven-roasting meats, broiling fish or simply marinating before cooking.
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Colored interior enamel has a smooth finish that promotes caramelization, prevents sticking and resists stains
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel that resists chipping and cracking
- Phenolic knob withstands temperatures up to 375°F
- Dimensions: 12 1/4-in length
- Capacity 3 3/4 qt
- Heat Source: Ceramic, Electric, Gas, Halogen, Induction, Outdoor Grill, Oven
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
Sourdough And Sausage Stuffing
1 loaf sourdough bread
2 tablespoons butter
3 stalks celery, chopped
2 yellow onions, chopped
1/2 butternut squash, diced
1 cup sliced cremini mushrooms
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Granny Smith apple
1 Fuji apple
2 tablespoons sage
1 tablespoon thyme
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
1/2 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 350 F. Slice the sourdough bread into large chunks and place on a baking sheet and bake until the bread dries slightly. Be sure not to brown or toast the bread.
In a 5 1/2 qt. Round Dutch Oven over medium heat, add the butter, celery, onions, butternut squash and mushrooms. Stir together and add salt and pepper to taste. Add the sausage, apples, sage and thyme.
Remove the bread from oven and combine it in the Dutch oven. Add the chicken stock and dried cranberries and stir until all ingredients are mixed. Place the mixture in the oven, baking at 350 F for approximately 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
(Recipe courtesy of Billy Parisi)