Designed to function efficiently on a full range of heat sources, enamel on steel stockpots are not only resistant to wear and damage, but also versatile enough for any type of stovetop, old or new. Their high-profile design limits evaporation while forcing liquids to bubble through all layers of ingredients, infusing the entire dish with flavor during cooking. Le Creuset enamel on steel stockpots is finished in the same bold palette of signature colors as Le Creuset enameled cast iron, making them perfectly stylish complements to any combination of cookware.Features
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking; interior enamel is engineered to resist staining and dulling
- Sand-colored interior enamel makes it easy to monitor food as it cooks, preventing burning and sticking
- Oversized handles provide even weight distribution and a secure grip
- Ergonomic composite knobs are heat resistant to 500°F
- Built-in lid stabilizers provide a secure, no-slide fit
- The lightest weight per quart of any premium cast iron cookware available
- Dimensions: 7.5-in diameter x 5.5-in high
- Capacity: 2 qt.
- Compatible with Gas, Electric, Ceramic, Halogen, Induction, Oven & Outdoor Grill
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
Fall Vegetable Barley Stew
In a large Dutch oven, bring water, 2 cups of stock and barley to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 20-30 minutes or until just tender. Pour into a separate bowl and set aside.
Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to the Dutch oven and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrots and celery. Season with 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Saute until the onions are translucent.
Pour in the white wine and simmer until the wine has evaporated. Stir in the rosemary, thyme and bay leaf. Add the remaining chicken stock and simmer 20 minutes.
Add the rainbow chard and beans and simmer an additional 5 minutes. Return the cooked barley to the pot to heat through. Season to taste and serve hot.
Now enjoy it with a delicious fresh bread!