Designed to function efficiently on a full range of heat sources, enamel on steel stockpots are not only resistant to wear and damage, but also versatile enough for any type of stovetop, old or new. Their high-profile design limits evaporation while forcing liquids to bubble through all layers of ingredients, infusing the entire dish with flavor during cooking. Le Creuset enamel on steel stockpots are finished in the same bold palette of signature colors as Le Creuset enameled cast iron, making them perfectly stylish complements to any combination of cookware.
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel resists chipping and cracking; interior enamel is engineered to resist staining and dulling
- Sand-colored interior enamel makes it easy to monitor food as it cooks, preventing burning and sticking
- Oversized handles provide even weight distribution and a secure grip
- Ergonomic composite knobs are heat resistant to 500°F
- Built-in lid stabilizers provide a secure, no-slide fit
- The lightest weight per quart of any premium cast iron cookware available
- Dimensions: 14-in diameter x 8-1/2-in high
- Capacity: 13.5 qt.
- Compatible with Gas, Electric, Ceramic, Halogen, Induction, Oven & Outdoor Grill
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
THAI BEEF STEW
In a small bowl, mix together soy sauce, fish sauce, rice wine vinegar, vegetable oil and grated ginger. Pour into a large sealable bag and add sliced beef. Marinate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, blend lemongrass, garlic cloves, red chili paste and chopped ginger into a paste.
Heat a sauteuse or small Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Remove meat slices from marinade and sear. Transfer to a plate.
In the same pan, add the lemongrass paste, peppers and carrots. Saute until the mixture becomes a little darker in color and very aromatic. Pour in the beef stock and add the lime leaf. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and let cook 20 minutes.
With a slotted spoon or mesh sieve, skim the top of the broth to collect any large pieces of fond.
Return the meat to the broth and bring to a simmer while the noodles cook.
While the broth is simmering, cook the rice noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
To serve, ladle broth, meat and veggies into a bowl. Add a serving of noodles on top of the broth, and garnish with scallions and cilantro leaves.