Messermeister Kawashima Stainless Steel 5-Piece Knife Block Set
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
Kawashima is Messermeister Japanese line and their sharpest knives of their entire lineup. Messermeister partner with bladesmith Shoichi Kawashima to create this line. The blade is characterized by its curved geometry, wide surface area and razor sharp 15 degree cutting edge made from rare SG2 powdered steel.
SG2 Steel is one of the powder metallurgy steels. A metal expensive to produce, and only the most qualified knife makers are able to forge, laminate and heat-treat these steels. Why use SG2 Steel? SG2 offers high hardness up to 67 Rockwell, a good corrosion resistance. Blade of SG2 is composed by a fine microstructure that makes knives easy to sharpen while holds sharp longer than other traditional steels.
8-in Chef's Knife
9-in Slicing Knife
6-in Utility Knife
3.5-in Paring Knife
Acacia Magnet Block
- Blades made of Powdered SG2 steel
- 65 Rockwell hardness
- 15° Precision edge
- Eco-brass bolster
- Walnut color pakkawood handle
- Constant and correct maintenance of your knives will extend their lifespan. Cleaning by hand is all needed to protect the blade and the handle. Simply clean under warm water with a little washing-up liquid.
- As most quality knives, Kawashima knives are not meant to be cleaned in the dishwasher. Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- 100% Messermeister quality
- Handcrafted in Seki, Japan
- Lifetime warranty against material and manufacture defects.