The Miyabi Black 5000MCD67 is a true work of art. The blade is constructed of micro-carbide powdered MC66 steel, which is ice-hardened to an impressive 66 HRC. This results in an exceptionally sharp and lasting edge. The blade is wrapped in 132 additional layers of steel, resulting in a beautiful flower Damascus pattern.
The handle of the Miyabi Black series is made from unique wood, black ash. The grain and color of the black ash contrasts with the Damascus of the blade. The handle is crafted in a traditional “D” shape, providing optimal ergonomics for fatigue-free cutting in the kitchen.
- Features a Cryodur Micro Carbide (MC66) powder super steel core blade surrounded by 132 layers of stainless steel with Damascus pattern
- Ice-hardened blade at -196°C for extreme hardness and corrosion resistance
- 66 Rockwell Hardness; traditional Japanese blade hand-honed to a 9 to 12° angle
- D-shaped handle made of black ash wood with a mosaic accent pin complimented by a steel end cap with logo
- Made in Japan with a lifetime warranty; hand-wash only