Chef Morimoto's trademark cuisine combines the best of Japanese and Western techniques. This signature style extends to his knife design. MIYABI Fusion Morimoto Edition fuses Western-inspired ergonomics with authentic Japanese blade styles and super steel.
The MIYABI Fusion blade embodies Japanese tradition, with its 9.5 to 12 degree, hand-honed Honzabuke edge. The exceptionally sharp, thin blade allows for the precision cuts synonymous with Japanese cuisine.
The VG10, super steel blade is protected by a stunning 64-layer flower Damascus pattern and complemented by an easy-to-care-for POM handle. Sculpted in a Western-style - thicker at the end to prevent slipping - the handle fits comfortably in your hands for tireless cutting. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
- VG10 super steel
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to 9.5 to 12 degree edge
- CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 60
- 65-layer flower Damascus design with a katana edge
- Rounded spine and heel
- Three-rivet handle made of glass-bead-enhanced POM