MIYABI strives for perfection with Kaizen - Japanese for "improvement" or "change for the better." This line of knives combines the best hardening technology with the artistry of traditional Japanese craftsmanship. CMV60 (VG10) steel is hard and durable, and the linen Micarta handle features a mosaic pin, red accent spacers, and steel end cap.
The CRYODUR blades feature exceptional sharpness and durability thanks to their innovative, ice hardening treatment. Then, artisans hand-hone the blades with the historic Honbazuke method. This attention to detail translates into precision cutting for MIYABI Kaizen users.
The blade is balanced by a refined D-shaped handle made of black linen Micarta. With a wood-like texture, the comfortable handle won't slip from your hand and acts as a moisture repellent. Handcrafted in Seki, Japan.
- VG10 super steel
- Authentic thin Japanese blade profile
- Hand-honed using the three-step Honbazuke process to a 9.5 to 12 degree edge
- CRYODUR blade, ice-hardened to Rockwell 60
- 65-layer flower Damascus design with katana edge
- Traditional Japanese D-shaped black linen Micarta handle
- Handcrafted in Sei, Japan