Madras mills are made of PEFC certified beech wood from France in a chocolate brown finish and stainless steel to create a more modern style. The elongated shape is elegant and minimalist. They will fit any kitchen décor and are easy to care for. Just wipe the exterior of the mill with a soft cloth to clean. Water is not recommended since these mills are made of wood and will crack if exposed to any humidity. Because this mill is shaftless, the reservoir allows for larger capacity. It is also easier to refill the mill.
- Body made of colored Beechwood with a rich chocolate finish and stainless steel
- A shaftless design with magnetized lid and wide aperture on the top makes mills easier to refill.
- Peugeot’s pepper mechanism is a combination of specially angled channeling grooves and teeth that creates a superior grind. Two-stage pepper mechanism - first cracks then grinds peppercorns - ensures the most flavor and aroma is released from the pepper
- Mechanism constructed of case-hardened steel - virtually indestructible. Peugeot's Salt Crushing Mechanism features two ribbed plates which work to fracture and crush coarse, dry sea salt to a consistent size. The salt grinding mechanism is made of corrosion resistant Stainless Steel.
- Exclusive u’Select ring on the bottom. The patented system enables precise grind adjustment settings ranging from very coarse to powdery.
- All Peugeot mills come partially filled with pepper and salt respectively
- Limited lifetime warranty in the mechanism
- Body’s mill carries a 5-year warranty from the date of purchase
- Dimension: 6-in (15 cm) tall
- Made in France
A note on Peugeot pepper and salt mills:
What kind of pepper should I use in my pepper grinder?
- Use only dry, hard, whole peppercorns that are 5 mm (0.2”) or less in diameter.
- Use peppercorns from the piper nigrum family such as white, black (Lampong, Tellicherry, Malabar) or green
- Do not use pepper mill to grind salt, herbs, seeds, pre-ground pepper or any other spice
- Pink peppercorns may only be used as part of a peppercorn blend to a maximum of 15% pink
- Do not use pickled or brined peppercorns as they will clog the mechanism in the mill.
What kind of salt should I use in my salt grinder?
- Only use dry, coarse salts that are 4 mm (0,16 in.) or smaller. It can be used to grind a variety of salts including: Himalayan pink salt, Persian Blue salt, refined rock salt, sea salt that is not refined and Bengal salt. This mill does not grind wet salt. For that kind of salt Peugeot has develop a specific mechanism and is sold under the name of Peugeot Oléron.