Mahé mills design are a tribute to modern minimalism. With its clean contemporary lines and all-stainless steel exterior. It expresses its modern sensibility down to the last detail, including innovations in its interior structure.
Peugeot’s pepper mechanism is a combination of specially angled channeling grooves and teeth that creates a superior grind. Two-stage pepper mechanism - first cracks then grinds peppercorns - ensures the most flavor and aroma is released from the pepper
Mechanism constructed of case-hardened steel - virtually indestructible. Peugeot's Salt Crushing Mechanism features two ribbed plates which work to fracture and crush coarse, dry sea salt to a consistent size. The salt grinding mechanism is made of corrosion resistant Stainless Steel.
Exclusive u’Select Ring on the bottom. The patented system enables precise grind adjustment settings ranging from very coarse to powdery. Limited lifetime warranty in the mechanism. Body’s mill carries a 5-year warranty from the date of purchase.
Made in France
A note on Peugeot pepper and salt mills:
What kind of pepper should I use in my pepper grinder?
- Use only dry, hard, whole peppercorns that are 5 mm (0.2”) or less in diameter.
- Use peppercorns from the piper nigrum family such as white, black (Lampong, Tellicherry, Malabar) or green
- Do not use pepper mill to grind salt, herbs, seeds, pre-ground pepper or any other spice
- Pink peppercorns may only be used as part of a peppercorn blend to a maximum of 15% pink
- Do not use peppers as they are too long, dense and thick to be ground
- Do not use pickled or brined peppercorns as they will clog the mechanism in the mill.
What kind of salt should I use in my salt grinder?
- Only use dry, coarse salts that are 4 mm (0,16 in.) or smaller. It can be used to grind a variety of salts including: Himalayan pink salt, Persian Blue salt, refined rock salt, sea salt that is not refined and Bengal salt. Use a PEUGEOT Wet Salt Mill to grind wet salt.