Meribel can be credited to four years of research and development in partnership with a French expert in injection moulding. Its walnut body is fully encapsulated in an acrylic envelope. This technology ensures high resistance to moisture.
- This patented technology involves fully protecting the mill's walnut body in an acrylic envelope and represents the culmination of several years of research and development in partnership with a French injection moulding company. This technological breakthrough gives the Méribel mill a number of advantages. From an aesthetic viewpoint, the transparent acrylic magnifies the wood species, while in practical terms, the wood is protected against moisture to ensure intensive use. Acrylic covers the medium to bottom part of the mill. The top part of the mill is matte finish
- Peugeot’s pepper mechanism is a combination of specially angled channeling grooves and teeth that creates a superior grind. Two-stage pepper mechanism - first cracks then grinds peppercorns - ensures the most flavor and aroma is released from the pepper
- Mechanism constructed of case-hardened steel - virtually indestructible. Peugeot's salt crushing mechanism features two ribbed plates which work to fracture and crush coarse, dry sea salt to a consistent size. The salt grinding mechanism is made of corrosion resistant Stainless Steel.
- The knob on the top adjust grinding from fine to coarse
- Each piece is unique and different from each other.
- Mills are partially filled with peppercorns and salt crystals respectively
- Dimension: 5.5-in (14 cm) tall
- Limited lifetime warranty in the mechanism
- Body mill carries a 5-year warranty from the date of purchase
- Made in France
A note on Peugeot pepper and salt mills:
What kind of pepper should I use in my pepper grinder?
- Use only dry, hard, whole peppercorns that are 5 mm (0.2”) or less in diameter.
- Use peppercorns from the piper nigrum family such as white, black (Lampong, Tellicherry, Malabar) or green
- Do not use pepper mill to grind salt, herbs, seeds, pre-ground pepper or any other spice
- Pink peppercorns may only be used as part of a peppercorn blend to a maximum of 15% pink
- Do not use peppers as they are too long, dense and thick to be ground
- Do not use pickled or brined peppercorns as they will clog the mechanism in the mill.
What kind of salt should I use in my salt grinder?
- Only use dry, coarse salts that are 4 mm (0,16 in.) or smaller. It can be used to grind a variety of salts including: Himalayan pink salt, Persian Blue salt, refined rock salt, sea salt that is not refined and Bengal salt. Use a PEUGEOT Wet Salt Mill to grind wet salt.