The Classic 7-in Chinese Cook’s Knife by Wusthof is the Chinese equivalent of the go-to European cook's knife. This knife, which resembles a giant razor, easily splits vegetables with a single downward stroke. The thin, light blade slices, dices, minces and juliennes. The wide blade of this multi-tasker also functions as a scoop to transfer food from the cutting board to the pot.
Family owned for seven generations, Wusthof was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. To this day, every Wusthof knife is still expertly crafted in this legendary city. The trident symbolizes our three core values: Passion, Diligence, Perfection.
Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen, Germany has earned the reputation of crafting the world’s finest cutlery for generation after generation.
Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. The many creeks and spillways of the river were perfectly suited to provide power for the production of blades in the 18th and 19th centuries. It was then, in the year of 1814, when WÜSTHOF first got its start in Solingen and the business has remained in the WÜSTHOF family ever since.
Knives made in Solingen have long been honored and prized for their outstanding quality and craftsmanship. For that reason, the name of Solingen has been protected with legislation, “The Solingen Decree,” so that this dedication to quality is maintained and that knives made in Solingen meet the most exacting standards.
WÜSTHOF continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”
- The Chinese cook´s knife is shaped like a cleaver but is not suitable for cutting through bones.
- It is used for slicing and chopping herbs and vegetables.
- For cutting meat, cabbage, vegetables, herbs and fruit.
- Chinese cook´s knives from WÜSTHOF are specially designed for these requirements.
- Thanks to the redesigned handle and polished edge for exceptional sharpness, food preparation becomes truly enjoyable.
- Forged from one piece of specially tempered high carbon steel to ensure outstanding strength.
- Comfortable, secure handling.
- Completely hygienic.
- Quality - Made in Germany / Solingen.
- Weight (in Lbs): 1.