The Classic Hollow Edge Chef’s Knife is the work horse of the kitchen, or the essential kitchen knife. The cook’s knife is an indispensable all-purpose kitchen knife that can be used for chopping, mincing, slicing and dicing. Due to the weight and balance of the knife, it is also perfect for heavy duty work such as cutting thicker vegetables and meats. The hollow edge is crafted with evenly spaced vertical indentations, which create small air pockets between the blade and the food. These small air pockets gently push food off the blade and reduce friction and drag. This knife allows cooks to effortlessly prep a wide array of fresh produce, including starchy vegetables like potatoes, which tend to stick to a knife’s blade.
Family owned for seven generations, Wusthof was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. To this day, every Wusthof knife is still expertly crafted in this legendary city. The trident symbolizes our three core values: Passion, Diligence, Perfection.
Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen, Germany has earned the reputation of crafting the world’s finest cutlery for generation after generation.
Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. The many creeks and spillways of the river were perfectly suited to provide power for the production of blades in the 18th and 19th centuries. It was then, in the year of 1814, when WÜSTHOF first got its start in Solingen and the business has remained in the WÜSTHOF family ever since.
Knives made in Solingen have long been honored and prized for their outstanding quality and craftsmanship. For that reason, the name of Solingen has been protected with legislation, “The Solingen Decree,” so that this dedication to quality is maintained and that knives made in Solingen meet the most exacting standards.
WÜSTHOF continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”
- No kitchen should be without this Wusthof knife.
- It is the most essential of all knives used in the kitchen.
- 14° angle per side
- Slicing, mincing, dicing of all kind of food.
- Perfectly balanced, an extension of your hand.
- Wusthof Cooks Knife has hollow edge
- The hollow edge creates pockets of air which prevent extra thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade.
- Precision forged from a single blank of steel with bolster and full tang.
- Ergonomic handle design developed in consultation with professional chefs.
- Caution: cooks knives purposely have been ground extra thin for the ultimate cutting performance. Chopping through bones will damage the fine edge
- Made in Germany, Lifetime Warranty