Family owned for seven generstions, Wusthof was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. To this day, every Wusthof knife is still expertly crafted in this legendary city. The trident symbolizes our three core values: Passion, Diligence, Perfection.
Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen, Germany has earned the reputation of crafting the world’s finest cutlery for generation after generation.
Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. The many creeks and spillways of the river were perfectly suited to provide power for the production of blades in the 18th and 19th centuries. It was then, in the year of 1814, when WÜSTHOF first got its start in Solingen and the business has remained in the WÜSTHOF family ever since.
Knives made in Solingen have long been honored and prized for their outstanding quality and craftsmanship. For that reason, the name of Solingen has been protected with legislation, “The Solingen Decree,” so that this dedication to quality is maintained and that knives made in Solingen meet the most exacting standards.
WÜSTHOF continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”
Wusthof's Classic Series knives feature a traditional a full bolster/finger guard which adds heft at the knife's critical mild section. Each knife is precision-forged from one solid piece of high-carbon, stain-resistant steel.
- The knife for hard cheese such as Emmentaler, Gruyère, Comté and many types of mountain cheeses as well as for semi-hard cheeses such as Gouda, Edam, Tilsiter and many more
- The cheese knife has a stable blade and a sharp cutting edge and ensures a clean cut and allows exact portioning
- Features a forked tip which makes serving more convenient
- Special etch on the blade prevents cheese slices from sticking
- Forged from a single piece of steel, with bolster and continuous tang
- Blade tempered at 58° Rockwell
- Double-sharpened blades with 14° angle per side
- PETec technology that ensures blades are 20% sharper. The perfected edge last twice as longs
- Ergonomic handle made of Black POM. A polymer resistant to discoloration from most substances found in the kitchen. Handle is seamlessly attached to the blade with three rivets
- Wusthof trident logotype in red and embedded in the knife handle
- Made in Solingen, Germany
- Limited lifetime warranty