The Classic 12" Heavy Cook’s Knife is the work horse of the kitchen, or the essential kitchen knife. The cook’s knife is an indispensable all-purpose kitchen knife that can be used for chopping, slicing and dicing. Due to the heavier weight and balance of this knife, it is perfect for heavy duty work such as cutting thicker vegetables and fruits such as watermelon.
Family owned for seven generations, Wusthof was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. To this day, every Wusthof knife is still expertly crafted in this legendary city. The trident symbolizes our three core values: Passion, Diligence, Perfection.
Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen, Germany has earned the reputation of crafting the world’s finest cutlery for generation after generation.
Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. The many creeks and spillways of the river were perfectly suited to provide power for the production of blades in the 18th and 19th centuries. It was then, in the year of 1814, when WÜSTHOF first got its start in Solingen and the business has remained in the WÜSTHOF family ever since.
Knives made in Solingen have long been honored and prized for their outstanding quality and craftsmanship. For that reason, the name of Solingen has been protected with legislation, “The Solingen Decree,” so that this dedication to quality is maintained and that knives made in Solingen meet the most exacting standards.
WÜSTHOF continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”
- Precision-forged from a single piece of high-carbon stainless steel
- Elegant, comfortable synthetic POM handle resists discoloration & fading
- Double bolsters provide balance & heft
- Full tang is triple-riveted to handle for strength & durability
- Blade is tempered to 58 degrees on the Rockwell hardness scale
- Precision Edge Technology makes blade 20% stronger with double the edge-retention
- Covered by Wusthof’s Limited Lifetime Warranty
- Made in Germany
- Hand-wash only
- Weight: 1 lbs.