Each item in the 2pc Wusthof Chef Knife Set features a fade-resistant synthetic handle and a carbon-steel blade with superior edge retention to ensure your Classic Ikon Wusthof chef knife set stays razor sharp with minimal maintenance. Rediscover the joy in prep work with the Wusthof chef knife set!
Family owned for seven generations, Wusthof was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. To this day, every Wusthof knife is still expertly crafted in this legendary city. The trident symbolizes our three core values: Passion, Diligence, Perfection.
Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen, Germany has earned the reputation of crafting the world’s finest cutlery for generation after generation.
Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. The many creeks and spillways of the river were perfectly suited to provide power for the production of blades in the 18th and 19th centuries. It was then, in the year of 1814, when WÜSTHOF first got its start in Solingen and the business has remained in the WÜSTHOF family ever since.
Knives made in Solingen have long been honored and prized for their outstanding quality and craftsmanship. For that reason, the name of Solingen has been protected with legislation, “The Solingen Decree,” so that this dedication to quality is maintained and that knives made in Solingen meet the most exacting standards.
WÜSTHOF continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”
- Versatile Wusthof chef knife set from Wusthof Classic Ikon Cutlery
- Set includes:
- 6" Cook's Knife #4596/16
- 3.5" Paring Knife, # 4086/09
- Slices meat & poultry, peels & quarters fruits, chops onions, dices peppers, and more!
- High-carbon, stain-free steel forged blades
- Full-tang design with triple-riveted handles
- 58° Rockwell hardness
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) makes the Wusthof Chef Knife Set 20% sharper with 2x the edge retention
- Polyoxymethylene (POM) handle material resists fading & discoloration
- Wusthof Trident logo
- Made in Solingen, Germany
- Wusthof Knife Set warranty: limited lifetime