A chef's knife is the most popular kitchen knife. This Wusthof Classic multi-prep 4.5- inch chef's knife is a great multi-purpose tool for your kitchen. Also known as a cooks or French knife, it's used for mincing and dicing smaller items such as garlic, radishes and smaller onions due to its shorter blade length.
Family owned for seven generations, Wusthof was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. To this day, every Wusthof knife is still expertly crafted in this legendary city. The trident symbolizes our three core values: Passion, Diligence, Perfection.
Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen, Germany has earned the reputation of crafting the world’s finest cutlery for generation after generation.
Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. The many creeks and spillways of the river were perfectly suited to provide power for the production of blades in the 18th and 19th centuries. It was then, in the year of 1814, when WÜSTHOF first got its start in Solingen and the business has remained in the WÜSTHOF family ever since.
Knives made in Solingen have long been honored and prized for their outstanding quality and craftsmanship. For that reason, the name of Solingen has been protected with legislation, “The Solingen Decree,” so that this dedication to quality is maintained and that knives made in Solingen meet the most exacting standards.
WÜSTHOF continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”
- Small, but mighty.
- New to the already impressive Wusthof knife collection is the 12 cm cook's knife.
- 14° angle per side
- This innovative knife offers superior handling and easy control with wide and sturdy blade.
- Mincing fresh herbs, dicing large carrots and crushing cloves of garlic are a snap with this mighty little knife.
- In short, an excellent all around forged knife that you'll find hard to put down.
- Full bolster/finger guard for safety and protection.
- Caution: cook´s knives purposely have been ground extra thin for the ultimate cutting performance. Chopping through bones will damage the fine edge.
- Made in Germany, Lifetime Warranty