The CLASSIC 8" Offset Deli Knife is designed to slice through a variety of sandwich ingredients. The scalloped edge cuts though meat such as turkey without damaging it, bread without compressing it and tomatoes without squashing them. The offset blade forces the hand to be further away from the cutting board, allowing it to slice through thicker foods.
Family owned for seven generations, Wusthof was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. To this day, every Wusthof knife is still expertly crafted in this legendary city. The trident symbolizes our three core values: Passion, Diligence, Perfection.
Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen, Germany has earned the reputation of crafting the world’s finest cutlery for generation after generation.
Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. The many creeks and spillways of the river were perfectly suited to provide power for the production of blades in the 18th and 19th centuries. It was then, in the year of 1814, when WÜSTHOF first got its start in Solingen and the business has remained in the WÜSTHOF family ever since.
Knives made in Solingen have long been honored and prized for their outstanding quality and craftsmanship. For that reason, the name of Solingen has been protected with legislation, “The Solingen Decree,” so that this dedication to quality is maintained and that knives made in Solingen meet the most exacting standards.
WÜSTHOF continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”
- This knife features an astonishing and well thought out design: The offset handle. It provides ample clearance between the knuckles and the cutting board whilst slicing baguettes or cutting sandwiches
- 8-in Blade
- Full Bolster finger guars adds heft at the knife's critical mid-section. Provides perfect balance
- Three silver-nickel compression rivets permanently secure the poly-handle to the full tang
- Precision-forged from one solid piece of high-carbon, stain-resistant steel
- The heel of the handle assists in safe and controlled handling of the knife
- Lifetime warranty
- The WÜSTHOF name, TRIDENT-Logo and city of Solingen as place-of-manufacturing proudly etched onto every blade