Crafted by Wüsthof in the renowned cutlery center of Solingen, Germany, this serrated knife easily slices through foods with resistant or tough skins, such as tomatoes and citrus. The hand-honed high-carbon-steel blade maintains a razor-sharp edge.
Family owned for seven generations, Wusthof was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. To this day, every Wusthof knife is still expertly crafted in this legendary city. The trident symbolizes our three core values: Passion, Diligence, Perfection.
Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen, Germany has earned the reputation of crafting the world’s finest cutlery for generation after generation.
Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. The many creeks and spillways of the river were perfectly suited to provide power for the production of blades in the 18th and 19th centuries. It was then, in the year of 1814, when WÜSTHOF first got its start in Solingen and the business has remained in the WÜSTHOF family ever since.
Knives made in Solingen have long been honored and prized for their outstanding quality and craftsmanship. For that reason, the name of Solingen has been protected with legislation, “The Solingen Decree,” so that this dedication to quality is maintained and that knives made in Solingen meet the most exacting standards.
WÜSTHOF continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”
- The choice for slicing rolls and bagels, surely a favorite for hard salami and even the ripest tomato.
- 14 cm (5")
- with serrated edge
- Quality - Made in Solingen / Germany
- Full tang that is triple riveted to the handle for precise control
- Precision Edge Technology (PEtec) yields a blade that is 20% sharper with twice the edge retention.
- Tempered to 58⁰ Rockwell
- Comfortable and highly-durable polyoxymethylene (POM) handle with a traditional look and feel
- Full bolster and finger guard