Similar in appearance to the traditional cook's knife, this 8" Vegetable Knife has a wide and rounded blade, which provides the ideal shape for cutting with a rocking motion. The blade is uniquely crafted with a row of precisely-formed holes near the blade's edge, and has a distinctive ridge above it. This combined design of holes and a raised, narrow line works in tandem to significantly reduce friction and allow even the stickiest ingredients to easily slide off the blade.
Family owned for seven generations, Wusthof was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. To this day, every Wusthof knife is still expertly crafted in this legendary city. The trident symbolizes our three core values: Passion, Diligence, Perfection.
Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen, Germany has earned the reputation of crafting the world’s finest cutlery for generation after generation.
Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. The many creeks and spillways of the river were perfectly suited to provide power for the production of blades in the 18th and 19th centuries. It was then, in the year of 1814, when WÜSTHOF first got its start in Solingen and the business has remained in the WÜSTHOF family ever since.
Knives made in Solingen have long been honored and prized for their outstanding quality and craftsmanship. For that reason, the name of Solingen has been protected with legislation, “The Solingen Decree,” so that this dedication to quality is maintained and that knives made in Solingen meet the most exacting standards.
WÜSTHOF continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”
- 8" knife blade
- The blade features holes and deflecting ridge
- Inspired by the Santoku knife design
- The unique holes helps keep food from sticking to the blade, making chopping easier and faster
- Stamped from one piece of specially tempered high carbon steel to ensure outstanding strength
- Perfectly balanced for effortless cutting
- Full tang handle
- Tang assembly is seamless and totally hygienic
- Black handles made of special synthetic material
- Innovative handle design for comfort and control
- Seamless hygienic fit of the handle
- Specially designed Wusthof knife bolster
- Made from high carbon/stain resistant alloy for edge retention and resharpening
- The edges of the Wusthof Knife blades are skillfully honed by hand and are incredibly sharp
- Laser tested to perfection, long-lasting and easily resharpened
- Chromium and Molybdenum for stain-resistant properties (Contents of chromium in % (15%))
- Vanadium for hardness and edge retention
- X50 Cr MoV 15 - a special alloy for superb knives
- Quality - Made in Solingen / Germany.
- Weight: 0.7 lbs.