you the ultimate cutting experience. This range of knives are the "crown jewels" of the Wüsthof collection with their beautiful, dark brown handles with distinctive wood grain markings that make every knife unique.
The extraordinary handles of Ikon are made of exquisite grenadilla wood, which is obtained from controlled cultivation, are characterized by their individual grain and make each knife unique. Due to the high resin content, grenadilla wood is relatively insensitive to moisture and remains dimensionally stable. The knives are therefore water-repellent and, thanks to their hygienic properties, are particularly suitable for use in the kitchen. At the same time, the handles with their natural, pleasantly warm feel and ergonomic shape are particularly comfortable to hold.
Ikon full-tang knives are precision-forged from a single piece of an exclusive high-carbon stainless steel and feature a distinctive, double bolster.
- Honing re-aligns the microscopic teeth in the blade that can't be seen with the naked eye. By regularly honing your knives, you will maximize the time in between sharpening.
- Wüsthof honing steels are made from hard chromium plated steel with a hardness of 65 Rockwell. All honing steels are produced from an alloy tool steel (material no. 2210) with 1.15%C (carbon) content, .6% chromium and .03% vanadium.
- Made with African grenadilla handle, hardest wood available, water-repellent, hand finished
- Remarkably comfortable thanks to the double bolster. Because this bilateral weighting of the handle positions your hand naturally
- Double-sharpened blades with 14° angle per side
- PETec technology that ensures blades are 20% sharper. The perfected edge last twice as longs
- Hand wash only
- Limited lifetime warranty