Hello Kitchen Lovers, in these uncertain times in which it is imperative to take care of our health and to #StayatHome, we believe it is important to cook and enjoy hearty meals from the comfort of home.
Today we want to share the Air Fry chicken strips, the best comfort food style we all know and love, but in an easier and healthier option which can be made at home using Breville's Air Fry Oven.
Chicken is a type of low-fat, low-calories meat, with high levels of protein and vitamins.
Some of the benefits of eating chicken include the increase in serotonin levels in the brain, improving our mood. It helps in the fight against bone strength loss, thanks to the protein injection it gives the body; it is rich in phosphorous, an essential mineral that nourishes teeth and bones, as well as kidneys and liver, among others.
This recipe is simple, perfect for times in which you don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen and are in the mood for a quick snack.
- 1-pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground mustard
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1½ cups panko breadcrumbs, divided
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- Cut chicken into strips about 1-inch wide. In a medium bowl, toss chicken with ½ teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate while preparing breading.
- Combine spices in a small bowl and mix well. Reserve.
- Combine ½ cup panko, ¾ teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon spice mix in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely ground, about 10 pulses. Transfer panko mixture to a shallow dish and add olive oil and remaining 1 cup panko. Use fingers to mix, ensuring olive oil is evenly distributed.
- Place flour in a second shallow dish and stir in remaining spice mix.
- Scramble the egg and 1 tablespoon water in a third shallow dish.
- Working in batches, toss chicken strips in flour and shake off any excess. Dip chicken in egg and allow excess to drain off. Dredge chicken in panko mixture, ensuring all sides are well crusted.
- Arrange chicken strips in a single layer on the airfry basket, leaving space between each piece.
- Select AIRFRY/425°F/SUPER CONVECTION/8 minutes and press START to preheat oven.
- Cook in rack position 4 until crisp, about 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately with honey mustard sauce.
Tip: Use one hand for handling the dry steps and one for the wet.
Honey Mustard Sauce
Yields: 1/3 cup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well combined. Cover and chill until ready to use.
Note: Make sauce while chicken is cooking.