Designed as a commercial solution for low-volume cafes, the Forté AP is a rock-solid espresso grinder with high-capacity and feature-density. Operated by a touch screen, the Forte AP has two grind modes: by time and by weight. Each of those modes carries three presets and a manual option, giving you plenty of ways to conveniently switch from one dose to another.
This machine is a great choice for highly consistent espresso at home, although it’s better suited to commercial use. If you have dreams of opening a coffee shop, the Forté AP can help make those dreams come true. Its small footprint, multifunction touch screen, high daily capacity (5lbs per day) and sturdy grind size adjustments make the Forté AP a great choice for low-volume espresso in the café like decaf or single-origin offerings.
- Intuitive Interface: The Forté–AP allows you to dose by weight or time. Our signature dose-by-weight is accurate to plus or minus .2 gram. The touch activation awakens your screen with LED backlit technology. The touch screen controls all operations with three programmable dose presets; Up or Down arrows to increase or decrease dose values; and TARE, MANUAL, START or STOP.
- Espresso Dosing: A unique feature of the Forté–AP is the ability to convert a weight preset into a timed value that is accurate within plus or minus .5 grams of the set point. This allows for weight oriented dosing for espresso.
- Burrs: The Forté-AP grinder comes with 54mm ceramic flat burrs for accurate and precise grinding. The Forté-AP grinds at an average speed of 2.0g/sec for espresso and 3.5 to 3.7g/sec for press pot. The range of grind is 230 to 1150 microns.
- Adjustment / Grind Range: An all-metal macro and micro adjustment system produces a positive feel and secure grind setting. The macro-adjust moves from fine to coarse grinding in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro-adjust further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 26 distinct settings. These steps enable fine-tuning with ease, dialing in the exact grind for the preferred brew method being used.
- Hopper: The hopper holds approximately 300g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans. Bean “waste” (below the stopper) averages a surprisingly low 10g, once the hopper has been shut off.
- Burrs: 54mm steel burrs by Ditting
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 10oz (300-400g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6oz (180g)
- Dimensions: 5.11" x 14.17" x 7.08"
- No Load Burr Speed: 1950 RPM
- Weight: 9lbs (4.1kg)
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 240 Watts