Burr coffee grinders are suited for keeping the flavor and aroma of the coffee beans intact. This is because burr mills produce less heat from friction compared to blade grinders; this is especially important for coffee lovers looking to get the most flavor from the freshly ground beans, as heat from friction lessens or taints the natural flavor.
The Sette 30 is an inexpensive grinder to get started on an espresso journey, suitable for basic and advanced espresso machines. The Sette 30 has a macro only adjustment for grind size, offering 31 steps of adjustment. This grinder incorporates the S1 burr, designed for our high end Sette 270/270W grinders, which produces an exceptional espresso grind.
- Burrs: Manufactured by Etzinger in Liechtenstein, the Sette 30 is built with 40mm conical S1 burrs, which are designed to give a grind profile that is exceptional for espresso and good for brew methods requiring a finer grind.
The Sette 30 grinds 3.5 to 5.5 grams per second, depending on roast and grind setting. The burrs are durable, and will remain sharp for many years.
- Device Holder & Grounds Bin: The Sette 30 has a device holder that allows you to remove and re-orient the arms to grind directly into a portafilter or into the supplied grounds bin.
- The Sette’s grounds bin is made from an anti-static plastic, with a molded spout for easy pouring into your preferred brewing device. It has a usable capacity of 160g (Med Roast).
- Hopper:The hopper holds approximately 300-400g of coffee. An innovative bean shutoff feature in the collar permits no-mess, no-fuss hopper removal for changing out beans.
- Digital Control Panel: The Sette 30 has a simple front mounted control panel with easy to read backlit LED display. The user manually presets the grind time to within 0.1 seconds. Simply press the start button and the Sette automatically delivers precise dosing.
- Grind Adjustment: The Sette has a macro adjust of 31 steps, designed to give a grind profile that is exceptional for espresso and good for brew methods requiring a finer grind. The macro mechanism is directly connected to the cone burr resulting in immediate and true grind adjustment.
- Dimensions: The Sette 30 is designed with a small footprint (like our other models) and fits under standard kitchen cabinets.
- Cleaning: The cone burr is easily removable with no tools, making cleaning very easy.
- Burrs: 40 mm Steel by Etzinger
- Bean Hopper Capacity:10 oz (300-400 g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 5.5 oz (160g)
- Dimensions: 5.11" x 15.74" x 9.44"
- Voltage: 120 V
- Power: 290 Watts