Great coffees balance sweetness, acidity and body to create the perfect cup of coffee. The Baratza Vario is a perfect example of a great grinder combining ease-of-use and a sleek appearance with a penchant for bringing out fantastic flavors in your beans.
The Vario's unique 54mm ceramic flat burrs provide accurate, fast-grinding performance and remain sharp for twice as long as the best steel burrs. The high-torque DC motor and belt drive transmission means your beans are in for a smooth, cool ride.
- Burrs: The Vario’s 54 mm professional ceramic flat burrs produce accurate grinding, high throughput and remain sharp for twice as long as the highest quality steel burrs. The Vario grinds 1.6 grams/second at Espresso and 2.2 grams/second at Press. The broad range of grind (230 microns to 1150 microns) and the narrow particle distribution (lack of fines) are the hallmarks of the superiority of the Vario burrs.
- Digital Control Panel: The front mounted control panel with LED display is easy and intuitive. Three programmable buttons allow for grind time setting within 0.1 second (about 0.2 gram). Simply press the START button and the Vario automatically delivers precise dosing.
- Grind Adjustment: The Vario offers macro and micro adjust for fine tuning with ease. The macro adjust moves from espresso to press pot in 10 distinct and repeatable settings. A secondary micro adjust arm further divides each of the 10 macro steps into 20 distinct settings. These steps enable you to dial in the exact grind for the perfect shot.
- Motor: A powerful, high torque DC motor effortlessly drives the burrs. This motor turns slowly resulting in cool, quiet operation and permits long grinding duty-cycles. The circuitry is equipped with an automatically resetting, thermal cutoff switch.
- Burrs: 54mm ceramic burrs
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 8oz (230g)
- Grounds Bin Capacity: 6.3oz (180g)
- Dimensions: 5.11" x 14.17" x 7.08"
- Voltage: 120V
- Power: 180 Watts