Gude Alpha Olive Sharpening Steel "D' artagnan With Olivewood Handle, 12-in.
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
The production of the finest possible handcrafted, forged cutlery is and always has been the driving philosophy of our company. For four generations the Güde family has neither compromised on nor wavered from this credo. Today Güde is proud to continue the centuries old tradition of quality knifemaking for which the town of Solingen is justly world famous.
The Gude Alpha Olive series chef's knife is an all-rounder. It easily cuts fish, meat, fruit or vegetables. It is also suitable for chopping or weighing herbs. With the Gude chef's knife of the Alpha series you can cut food with an exact and precise cut. Thanks to the wide blade, you can pick up food that has been cut very easily. A kitchen knife that should not be missing in any kitchen.
Gude knives are hand-forged in Solingen, Germany from one piece of chrome-vanadium-molybdenum steel, from the blade tip to the double crop. The double crop, a special feature of Gude knives, is a counterweight to the blade. The knife is perfectly balanced. The special mixture of steel and the elaborate manufacturing process with more than 30 manual steps give the stainless steel blades with a hardness of approx. 57 HRC a special robustness and longevity.
The handles of the Gude Alpha Olive knife series are made of selected olive wood. It comes from Andalusia in Spain and can be up to 500 years old. This type of wood is generally very hard and extremely weatherproof. The structure is strongly grained and therefore looks particularly noble and elegant. The knives of the Alpha Olive series are not dishwasher safe due to its natural material.
- The sharpening steel is made from high-carbon stainless steel, which is a durable and corrosion-resistant material. This ensures that the sharpening steel will last for many years to come.
- The sharpening steel won the prestigious Design Plus Award in 1998 for its innovative and stylish design. The award is given to products that are considered to be innovative and well-designed.
- The sharpening steel features an oval designed handle made of beautiful olive wood. Olive wood is a durable and sustainable material that provides a comfortable grip and is easy to clean.
- The sharpening steel is forged, meaning it is made from a single bar of steel making it harder and thicker. This makes the sharpening steel more durable and able to withstand heavy use.
- Measures 12-in, in length