Similar to Indian curries, Balti dishes typically include marinated meats, vegetables and spices. The food is cooked and served in the wok-like bowl, and then brought to the table to share. Specially formulated for higher surface temperature cooking, the smooth and seamless black satin interior enamel of the enameled cast iron Balti dish is ideal for stirring and tossing ingredients, and develops a natural patina over time. The colorful enameled surface minimizes sticking and staining, requires no pre-seasoning, and is easy-to-clean.
- Enameled cast iron delivers superior heat distribution and retention
- Ready to use, requires no seasoning
- Easy-to-clean and durable enamel resists dulling, staining, chipping and cracking
- Black satin interior enamel is specially formulated for higher surface temperatures to enhance cooking performance
- Flat base steadies the pan on the stovetop and the ergonomic handles are designed for easy lifting
- Lightest weight cast iron by quart on the market
- Compatible with all cooktops and oven-safe up to 500°F
- Safe for dishwasher and metal utensils
Almond Dark Chocolate Souffle
Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Set aside. Mix the tomato paste with the garlic and masala spices, and set aside.
Heat the Balti dish on medium-high for about a minute. Add vegetable oil. When it shimmers and begins to smoke, add the onions with a pinch of salt, and sweat until translucent. Add the tomato paste mixture and stir to combine.
Add the chicken thighs and coat with the tomato paste mixture. Pour in the chicken stock. Lower heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes, or until fork-tender.
Pull the chicken apart loosely with a pair of tongs. Adjust seasoning, if needed, then garnish with cashews and cilantro. Serve with basmati rice.