de Buyer Force Blue Fry Pan, Browing Blue Steel, 14.2-in.
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
de Buyer Force Blue frying pan features a "lyonnaise" profile pan made from 0.79 inches (14 gauge) blue steel plate gives very good heat spread. It has a high flared and curved skirt. This very distinctive shape, with no sharp angles, enables the food to slide easily from the frying pan onto a plate or dish.
The professional way for sealing or browning food. Once it reaches temperatures above 284ºF (140º C), the steel frying pan seals the food on the surface, resulting in the caramelization of the natural juices -this processed called the Maillard reaction. A crust forms, preventing moisture from evaporating. The food becomes brown and crusty on the surface, tender and soft in the middle. Perfect for frying meat and obtaining crispy crepes or tasty omelettes.
- Ecological, recyclable, and good for the environment
- Health: Iron molecules from the pan contribute to good health
- Allows for high heat which seals quickly keeping vitamins and nutrients in food
- Cooking qualities: Medium temperature = perfect for SEALING, BROWNING and FRYING
- 14.2-in Diameter x 5.59 -in H
- Seasoning: the more the pan is used, the better the performance
- The darker it becomes the better it is for natural nonstick properties
- Instructions included on how to season the pan
- The strip steel handle is firmly riveted
- Extra-strong handles
- Works on all heat sources; induction will only work at low and medium temperatures
- Made in France
Bold, Care & Maintainance
- Tip: preheat with a little fat.
- Seasoning at first use.
- Maintenance: deglaze, rinse with hot water, dry and lightly oil. Store in a dry place.
- Do not use detergents or put in the dishwasher.
- All hobs including induction at moderate power.