If you want exceptional espresso and an espresso machine that makes minimal noise in the morning, then you found the perfect machine – the Elektra lever espresso machine. Although some people will contest that it is more difficult to make espresso with these lever machines, this is really not the case because the spring in the piston makes consistent pump pressure at each point from one pull to the next. Once again, for exceptional espresso, choose Elektra!
- Beautiful copper and brass finish combination.
- Our units have the eagle with wings UP!
- Wooden handles.
- Brass eagle situated on dome.
- Large, round base (10″ diameter).
- Water level sight glass indicates level of water in boiler.
- Pressure gauge shows steam pressure in boiler and needle in green zone indicates optimal time to extract espresso. Standard pressure ranges anywhere between 0.8 – 1.3 bar.
- Spring piston-operated – lever starts in upward position, the user pulls down against spring until coffee fills bottom of demitasse cup, then lever is slowly released and the spring in the piston pushes the lever to pump the water through the coffee grinds. If making double, it is important to pull lever down a second time at the half way point and released.
- Brass piston – while other machines may have plastic pistons in the grouphead, the Elektra a leva has a brass piston to house two piston gaskets. Plastic pistons can get brittle and crack over time with all the heat in the grouphead whereas the brass piston in the Elektra is a great add-on to maintain heat within the grouphead
- Only assembly required is the attachment of the steam wand.
- Boiler pressure relief valve on top of boiler for safety.
- Durable brass boiler that provides exceptionally dry steam for creating micro foam.
- Armor-plated, 800 watt heating element.
- Internal pressure regulator automatically regulates the temperature.
- Built-in safety thermostat prevents meltdown if left without water – please note that you can still damage the heating element if the machine is run dry (without water).
- This machine is for home use only.
- Warranty: 2-Years parts & labor
- Due to the smaller portafilter size, this machine is not pod-capable.
- The exterior color, which includes a clear coat finish, will naturally change as each each Elektra machine ages. This would not be covered under warranty as color changes are not considered manufacturer’s defects.
- Some assembly is required – we remove the steam wand to prevent damage in transit. Therefore, you will need a crescent wrench to place it back on.
- Cup seen in the picture above is not included.
- Warranty Note: It is very important to use ‘softened water’ in these machines, as well as all espresso machines. Hard water will cause these machines to malfunction, and Elektra will not cover the parts warranty due to hard water. In addition, it is extremely important to run the a leva and Semiautomatica machines with water at least 25% full in the sight glass. Running these models with a water level lower than this can cause heating element damage which will not be covered under warranty as this is not a manufacturer’s defect. If you return the unit with a damaged heating element, you will be charged for the repair, and the repair charge will be deducted from the credit.
- There is a safety feature on this machine when water is not pumped into the boiler on initial start up. If this isn’t done the safety kicks off and the machine will have to be reset. On the bottom of the machine underneath the yellow cap there is a reset button for the safety thermostat. If you purchased the machine from us and are still having issues, you can email us for instructions.
WARNING: DO NOT PULL LEVER DOWN WITHOUT HOLDING THE PORTAFILTER INSTALLED IN THE GROUPHEAD AND FILLED WITH VERY FINE GROUND COFFEE. FAILURE TO DO SO WILL CAUSE DAMAGE AND PERSONAL INJURY.
CAUTION: ALL SURFACES ARE HOT AND CAN CAUSE BURNS.
Espresso Machine Warning:
- ELECTRICAL WARNING: To avoid electrical damage to this espresso machine which is not considered a manufacturer's defect, please acquire and install a single-outlet surge suppressor rated at 1080 joules or higher. the lack of the recommended surge suppressor, the espresso machine can be damaged at the power switch, the electronics, the heating element, the pressurstat or the wiring inside.
- WATER WARNING: To increase the useful life of and not damage your espresso machine, please use softened water. Softened water is water without calcium and without magnesium, but still has other minerals for espresso extraction. Do not use distilled water, purified water, nor reverse osmosis water as these types of water create oxidation with the metals and cause the same damaging effects as limescale.
- DESCALING WARNING: We do not recommend descaling unless there is an issue with the espresso machine. The reason is that too much descaling can eat away at the metals and gaskets inside an espresso machine.
|Boiler capacity (liters)||
|Portafilter size (mm)||
|GTIN / EAN||