Global knives are manufactured by Yoshikin in Niigata, Japan. Designed in 1985 by Komin Yamada. Global knives singular edge and balance makes them unique and ones of the best in the world.
- The set Includes:
- Global Magnetic Strip 12.2 Inches
- Global G-2 – Chef's knife 7.9 Inches
- Global GS-5 small chop knife 5.5 Inches
- Global GS-11 small filleting knife 5.9 Inches flexible
- Global GS-38 paring knife 3.5 Inches
- Made of Cromova 18, a high quality stainless steel designed exclusively for Global knives and utensils. It contains a 18% of Chromium, that contributes to stain resistance, and also molybdenum and vanadium, to improve edge retention.
- 56-58 HRC hardness which is used for professional kitchen knives. Knives with this hardness hold their sharpness long enough, can be straightened on a sharpening gun, and are still relatively easy to sharpen
- Ergonomic handle, with black dots.
- Global knives should be sharpened regularly to be kept in good condition. They should not be sharpened with traditional metal sharpening steels since they are too abrasive for Global kitchen knives. Ceramic sharpening steels are kinder to the blades and give the knives a fine edge.
- We recommend that you wash the Global knives by hand with dishwashing liquid and warm water, and then rinse and dry the knife with a towel immediately. It is very important not to use the dishwasher with the Global kitchen knives, in order to protect the edge and to avoid exposure to extreme heat and powerful detergents.
- Made in Japan.