Featuring a low-profile design optimized for oven roasting, the Le Creuset Signature oval baker is designed for a multitude of kitchen tasks, whether oven-roasting meats, baking desserts, broiling fish or simply marinating before cooking.
- Even heat distribution and superior heat retention
- Colored interior enamel has a smooth finish that promotes caramelization, prevents sticking and resists stains
- Colorful, long-lasting exterior enamel that resists chipping and cracking
- Large loop handles make lifting easy
- Capacity: 5/8 qt
- Dimensions: 10 1/4" long with handles, 6" wide
- Heat Source: Gas, Electric, Ceramic, Halogen, Induction, Oven
- Dishwasher safe
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in France
Croissant Suzette Pudding
Created for the 1 qt. Signature Oval Baker
Preheat oven to 375 F.
Pour the cream into the oval baker. Slice the orange peel into thin strips, then add to the cream. Set the baker over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat and allow to steep for 10 minutes.
In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the sugar until the mixture is pale yellow. Remove the orange peels from the cream and pour half the cream into the egg yolks. Whisk until smooth.
Add this egg yolk mixture back to the remaining cream in the baking dish. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until it thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Turn off the heat and whisk in the rum, salt and vanilla. Grate the cinnamon into the mixture and whisk to combine.
Tear up the croissants and add them to the cream mixture. Bake the pudding in the oven for 15 minutes, until it is set and bubbly around the sides. Garnish with extra cinnamon and orange segments to serve.