The Shun Classic Honing Steel is the perfect complement to your entire Shun Classic knife selection. Made of high-quality steel, this honing steel is designed to keep your blades in peak cutting condition between professional sharpening. It features two opposing sides that are grooved (for honing) and 2 opposing sides that are smooth (for polishing). The honing steel is very easy to use. To hone, place steel tip down on a sturdy surface and gently pull blade down from heel to tip 3-4 times on the grooved sides; repeat on the other side. To polish, repeat the process on the smooth sides. This is a must-have for anyone who owns Shun Classic knives.
- The Shun Classic Combination Honing Steel has a built-in 16Â° angle on the handle
- Built-in angle guide makes precision honing easy
- Two honing surfaces: smooth for everyday honing; micro-ribbed for weekly care
- Stainless steel
- Handle: D-shaped ebony PakkaWood
- Rod length: 9-in (22.9 cm)