Shun Classics are the original Shuns, the first Japanese-style knives to be made available to a wider audience in North America. Instead of heavy, ponderous blades, Shun Classic blades are lighter with razor-sharp edges and crafted from advanced steel. Rather than weighty, Western handles, Shun Classic offers the graceful control of a traditional Japanese handle.
The Shun Classic line also offers you the widest assortment of both traditional culinary blade shapes and cutting-edge designs, so you can always find the right knife for the task.
Each Shun knife gets its unique and individual character by refining the natural beauty of the damask grain. This way every Shun knife is unmistakable and unique – a piece of art, united by craftsmanship, technology and design.
- The Shun Classic 6-in. Meat Cleaver features a big, thick blade suitable for processing larger cuts of bone-in meat or breaking down whole poultry. Use it to separate spare ribs or cut a chicken down to size. Chopping beef for stew is another great use for a cleaver. The back of the blade can be used to tenderize meat as well. A cleaver comes in especially handy for chopping up meat and bones for stock, and works its magic on whole lobster as well.
- As you might expect, a blade that gets this kind of use must be tougher and thicker, rather than razor thin
- The Shun Classic Meat Cleaver is made of AUS8A, a high-carbon stainless steel that offers strength, hardness, wear resistance, and can be easily re-sharpened as needed.
- The Shun Classic Meat Cleaver is part of the Shun Classic line of tasteful and contemporary designs.
- It has a riveted handle in ebony PakkaWood to match the rest of the Shun Classic line
- Non-Damascus clad. Unlike most Shun Classic knives, this meat cleaver does not have a Damascus finish in the blade
- Full composite tang for strength and balance
- Blade length: 6-in (15.2 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan