Shun Knife Care Kit
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
The Shun Knife Care Kit has the tools you'll need to help maintain your Shuns in their best condition. Inspired by the style of care and tools traditionally used to keep samurai swords in optimal condition, Shun created a convenient kit designed to help keep your "kitchen swords" in beautiful condition, too.
The Shun Knife Care Kit lets you deal with natural tarnishing, discoloration, and even surface rust to protect your investment in Shun cutlery. The kit provides a selection of tools, from polishing cloths and sticks to a Japanese-style talc ball, all designed to help you remove those little spots that can develop, even with the best of care. Of course, preventative maintenance is the best maintenance. So the first step in keeping your Shuns in top condition is the simple daily care we recommend: use proper cutting technique, cut on an appropriate surface, hand wash in mild detergent, dry thoroughly with an absorbent towel (and especially along the thin cutting edge), and allow to air-dry before storage.
To catch any problems at their earliest stage—when they're easiest to correct—we recommend examining your knives whenever you use them. The sooner you catch a potential problem, the less of a problem it will be. Other than thoughtful preventative care, the Shun Knife Care Kit is your best line of defense in keeping your Shuns performing and looking their best.
Complete instructions are included.
- Three (3) Polishing cloths; two for polishing, one for applying oil
- 5 Polishing sticks in 3 different grits for cleaning and polishing: grey (fine); red (medium); white (coarse)
- Food-grade oil (Bottle of 2 fl. oz.); protects blade surface once cleaned
- Talc ball; the powder is very mildly abrasive and is used to clean the blade
- Bamboo storage box (14.5 x 0.9 x 1.5 inches)