The Wusthof Classic 7-Inch Santoku Knife is forged from a single piece of high-carbon, German stainless steel. Fully balanced and precision ground for cutting ease, this essential knife is paired with a bamboo cutting board.
Family owned for seven generations, Wusthof was founded in Solingen, Germany over 200 years ago. To this day, every Wusthof knife is still expertly crafted in this legendary city. The trident symbolizes our three core values: Passion, Diligence, Perfection.
Long renowned as “The City of Blades,” Solingen, Germany has earned the reputation of crafting the world’s finest cutlery for generation after generation.
Located in Western Germany near the banks of the Wupper River, Solingen has been home to master blacksmiths for over 2,000 years. The many creeks and spillways of the river were perfectly suited to provide power for the production of blades in the 18th and 19th centuries. It was then, in the year of 1814, when WÜSTHOF first got its start in Solingen and the business has remained in the WÜSTHOF family ever since.
Knives made in Solingen have long been honored and prized for their outstanding quality and craftsmanship. For that reason, the name of Solingen has been protected with legislation, “The Solingen Decree,” so that this dedication to quality is maintained and that knives made in Solingen meet the most exacting standards.
WÜSTHOF continues to call the picturesque city of Solingen its home, and proudly marks each blade as “Made in Solingen.”
- Classic Two Piece Santoku Set.
- Bamboo board: No kitchen should be without a solid cutting board. The ideal surface for cutting, slicing, mincing and a variety of food preparation tasks.
- Santoku: Styled after the Japanese Cook´s Knife this blade is just right for preparing not only fine Asian but also Western cuisine.
- With hollow edge. The hollow edge creates pockets of air which prevent extra thin or soft slices from sticking to the blade.
- 10° angle on each side of the knife
- Made in Solingen / Germany