Peugeot Mignonnette Silverplate Pepper & Salt Mill Set, 4-in
816-1-9816 -1 /SME
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $79.95
Mignonnette is a replica of the Z model, the oldest Peugeot mill created in 1874. A true marvel of precision engineering this mill is entirely covered with silverplate
- The Peugeot Mignonnette is a magnificent reissue of the first mill produced by Peugeot in 1874. An emblem of an era, that of the golden age of gastronomy, Mills are made of silver-plated metal to the highest standard recognised by French law
- The Peugeot mechanism guarantees a perfect result. As with all pieces of fine silverware this mill does require some special care (regularly buff with a chamois cloth or product suitable for silver-plated metal).
- This exceptional mill brings great elegance and sophistication to adorn your table. Real jewelry for the table.
- Classic setting. The knob on the top adjust grinding from fine to coarse.
- Peugeot’s pepper mechanism is a combination of specially angled channeling grooves and teeth that creates a superior grind. Two-stage pepper mechanism - first cracks then grinds peppercorns ensuring the most flavor and aroma is released from the pepper. Mechanism constructed of case-hardened steel - virtually indestructible
- Peugeot's salt crushing mechanism features two ribbed plates which work to fracture and crush coarse, dry sea salt to a consistent size. The salt grinding mechanism is made of corrosion resistant Stainless Steel.
- Units comes in gift boxed tube
- Dimensions: 4-in tall (10 cm)
- Limited lifetime warranty in the mechanism. Body’s mill carries a 5-year warranty from the date of purchase
- Made in France
A note on Peugeot pepper and salt mills:
What kind of pepper should I use in my pepper grinder?
- Use only dry, hard, whole peppercorns that are 5 mm (0.2”) or less in diameter.
- Use peppercorns from the piper nigrum family such as white, black (Lampong, Tellicherry, Malabar) or green
- Do not use pepper mill to grind salt, herbs, seeds, pre-ground pepper or any other spice
- Pink peppercorns may only be used as part of a peppercorn blend to a maximum of 15% pink
- Do not use peppers as they are too long, dense and thick to be ground
- Do not use pickled or brined peppercorns as they will clog the mechanism in the mill.
What kind of salt should I use in my salt grinder?
- Only use dry, coarse salts that are 4 mm (0,16 in.) or smaller. It can be used to grind a variety of salts including: Himalayan pink salt, Persian Blue salt, refined rock salt, sea salt that is not refined and Bengal salt. Use a PEUGEOT Wet Salt Mill to grind wet salt.