Shun Premier line, which calls to mind the hand-forged knives of ancient Japan. While each knife still takes at least 100 handcrafted steps to complete, the materials Shun uses are among the most advanced in the industry. Each blade has a cutting core of Shun's proprietary VG-MAX “super steel” to take and hold a precision edge. The layered Damascus cladding supports the core and provides additional stain resistance. Near the edge of the blade, where the steels meet, an undulating line is formed—similar to the hamon formed when samurai swords are tempered using a traditional clay-baking technique.
The hammered tsuchime finish acts like a series of hollow-ground cavities to reduce drag. The handles nestle comfortably in the hand, while the embossed end cap adds balance and beauty.
Each Shun knife gets its unique and individual character by refining the natural beauty of the damask grain. This way every Shun knife is unmistakable and unique – a piece of art, united by craftsmanship, technology and design.
- A multi-purpose knife treasured by Japanese master chefs
- Hand-sharpened 16° double-bevel blade (32° comprehensive)
- Hammered tsuchime finish helps release food easily when cutting
- Steel: Proprietary VG-MAX cutting core, 34 layers each side stainless Damascus cladding
- Handle: Contoured walnut-colored PakkaWood®
- Weight: 0.48 lb
- Blade length: 8 in. (20.3 cm)
- Handcrafted in Japan